Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Das ist Krieg!

Whether or not Sony will remove the "OtherOS" feature of the PS3 will be seen in a couple days ( by those who choose to update). For the moment I am not sure what to think, if a multi-Billion dollar corporation has a sense of humor or if they are serious about removing the Super-cool ability to program with the IBM Cell BE processor and ruin my desire to port the XNU kernel to the PS3. Regardless of this being fact or fiction i think its time to stomp new ground, I for one will be starting work on a PS3 Downgrader ( I may have a few ideas ;) ) . After I have discovered the best way to do this I will then begin working on a Safe Updater. This is not because I think that they are removing the feature, only because they have demonstrated that they CAN remove it. I don't like it when companies push around the very people that pay their salaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment