Thursday, September 16, 2010

PSGroove Framework v0.1

I started working on an application to exploit the PS3 from the PC. I began by building a framework to make porting easier. After a week of discussions and reading firmware I have decided NOT to make the PSGroove-PC because each USB chipset would have to be hardcoded to include usb-gadget mode, not very easy. So I decided to release the framework which sets up the device descriptors for use, gives basic file I/O and timing. This is a FRAMEWORK not an application that will jailbreak your PS3. It is used by developers. I hope this to become a standard to make porting easier. I wrote this in C++ for ease of use and I dont like assembly. It should be updated and changed to support more GENERIC functions. Optimally I would like to make this a file that goes through all the functions of exploiting the PS3 and a header file would declare and call all platform dependent functions e.g Framework calls Hub_port1_connect and the platform dependent header would do the actual work. The Framework is there to assist us in porting to other platforms and updating payloads. I hope that over time all we have to do is swap platform headers and recompile to make ports. Here is the source

http://pastie.org/1162321

No comments:

Post a Comment