Monday, April 19, 2010

On GeoHotz CFW 3.21

Ever since I heard about George Hotz custom firmware image Ive been thinking about how to get it on a Ps3 that has been updated to 3.21(official). My findings are that one *Should* be able to erase their Ps3 Hard Drive, put the CFW image on a USB stick, boot into recovery mode and load the custom firmware image, providing it passes the key checks.

Method 1)
1) Remove hard drive
2) Put it in a Laptop
3) Format drive
4) Put drive back in PS3
5)Boot into recovery mode
6) Load CFW image from USB drive

Method 2(not as safe)
1)Format drive in XMB and half way through flip the power switch to the PS3
2)Boot recovery menu
3)Load CFW from USB drive

now this is providing that it passes standard checks and the PS3 is OK with the PUP. I dont know if this will work or not, because I dont have the CFW image. Ill give it a go when it is released.

7 comments:

  1. Just have to wait for the CFW image to try ...
    But that look good to me ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any progress pal? Keep up the hardwork :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there. Just wondering if your still doing any work on the PS3?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried the step 2 and it works, I made a backup

    ReplyDelete
  5. do not stop being who you are dude. thenks x1000

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am attending the HOPE conference in a couple days. I will be talking with people there to discuss new ideas. I will start again when I get back. Now the Geohotz has quit the scene, we need good men on the front lines. Here are my thoughts:
    1)GeoHotz starts Memory glitch patching
    2)Scared, sony removes OtherOS
    3)Users are forced to Upgrade
    4)Geohotz quits scene
    5)We are left high and dry
    6)I am pissed

    I upgraded my FW to latest and no longer have access to OtherOS, so my focus will be on the XMB, where most users will need a hack. Fuck it, its ON

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ill be on 28.400 Mhz Upper Side Band if anyone wants to help, seems that band is opening up N-S. I was talking to Brazil earlier. "Way back in '68 **** kent state was nothing so great"

    ReplyDelete